Skip to main content

My Love

  You came so swiftly  like a light wind and swirled around me. Rather than running away I welcomed you, cauz i didn't know it would  become something permanent I walked towards you carelessly. I had my shell to protect me. And my memories to stop me. But slowly, the shell cracked.  Something stirred in me. The strange beating of heart, blood pulsing, the warm feeling I got scared at first. It felt good but what if it ends, like last time or even worse. But you created something between us so special "I love you." I typed with teary eyes and read your reply with the tear flowing down. I know. Stupid. Right? And you kept on filling my heart. Weird to know but in pain your name is on my lips. In happiness your name comes to my me. Sitting ideally, you occupy my mind. Not a single day i spend without calling you.  Is it normal? Am i falling too deep? Why your smile is stuck in my mind? And why I find it so calming? Why I stare at my hand and remember when you kissed it? Why

Lady Tremaine

 


 

"Why are you so cruel?” Cinderella, after years of abuse, asks her stepmother.

"Because you are young and innocent, and good,” She pauses. “And I ...”

Lady Tremaine walked out of the room, closing the door behind her, locking Cinderella inside so that Prince can never know the owner of that Glass Sandal.

This seemed to be the only way she can be successful in providing a life for her daughters, Anastasia and Drizella which can be different from what she had lived. A life that is respectful and wealthy. Because one thing she learnt was that happiness can only come from money and name. Especially for a woman.

She was not always a cold-hearted person. There was a time when she was as beautiful as any woman, capable of loving and caring. In a small village, she lived. A young maiden of sixteen, full of dreams and compassion. She was a strong lady and much ahead of time in her.

She was born in an average family who lived in a small but beautiful village. Her father Robert was a carpenter and her mother Jane, occasionally baked pastries for the local market. And to the surprise of many people in the village and her parents, Madonna worked in a small and only library situated outside the village. A girl who can read was considered to be abnormal and there was this young lady who was much smarter, knowledgeable and full of ambition than any other man. Though her parents did nag about her behaviour of thinking of herself more than what she was and dreaming of a life which was not possible, Madonna was happy even if it is just dreaming. Her father never really paid attention to her daughter as he was mostly busy with his woods and tools, and also the fact that she worked that too at a library was enough for him to not like her. Her mother sometimes tried to argue or debate with her but it was worthless. That is what they thought. Madonna used to think about why she is not like other girls? Why does she love freedom? Why does she always wish for more and is not satisfied with what she has? Why is she so attracted to power? Even the villagers kept their distance and tried hard that their daughters stay away from Madonna. It was sad but this never really bothered her. But she sometimes hated her parents, but at last, she would conclude that she loves them and they will understand her someday. In this hope, she continued living at her own will.

Once she was in the fields for a walk when she saw a young man. He looked different. Not from the village that she was sure of. He was sitting on the grass staring straight. She was not sure what he was exactly looking at. And the way he was dressed was different too. Her curiosity led her towards this stranger.

“Hello.”

The stranger looked to his side in response.

“I suppose you are new here.”

He stood and walked towards Madonna.

“Yes, I am.” He passed a warm smile as a greeting.

“May I know the purpose of your stay here?”

“May I know who is asking?”

“Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Madonna. I live here.”

“I am Richard. I live in Marseille. I am a painter.”

“And the purpose of your visit?”

“I love to see beauty.”

“You find this village beautiful?”

“Yes but now I discovered something way more beautiful.”

“And what is that?”

“A woman.”

“I think you should tell her.”

“Mayhap I will build up the courage to talk to her.”

“She will admire a compliment from a handsome man.”

“Then allow me, my fair lady.” Richard moved closer, took her hand in his and kissed. “You are beauteous.”

She looked into his eyes and smiled.

This was the starting of a new and beautiful phase. Richard was supposed to leave for the town that day but he prolonged his stay. He had a change of plan. He didn’t want to leave alone. He wanted the company of a very particular person.

Madonna and Richard fell in love. They were spending most of their time together. She soon introduced him to her parents. But it didn’t go as smooth as she expected. Robert was not delighted to meet him. For Jane, she didn’t have any opinion of her own. If Robert dislikes him, Jane was not supposed to like him. So the answer was very clear.

“I will not approve of this marriage,” Robert stated clearly when Richard left.

“Why is that?” Madonna needed logic. She can’t just obey a plain statement without any reason.

“He is a stranger to us.”

“Not to me. It is Richard. He is a painter. He lives in Marseille. He is in love with me and I love him too.”

“Allowing you to marry a man you met a few days ago is something I can’t do. I gave you enough freedom thinking one day you will grow up and understand that dreams and life is different. We should live in what we have. Snatching something that doesn’t belong to us will lead us to punishment from God.”

“What did I snatch? I just love a man and wish to spend my life with him.”

“You wish to escape this small village and see the world.”

“Yes. I do and I will.”

Madonna left the village with Richard. They got married and settled in Marseille. Richard was not financially as strong as Madonna imagined. This fact always disturbed her. Madonna wished for a lavish life if not a luxurious one. She tried to put forward her wish in front of Richard but seeing him working hard to please her made her happy enough. Some days were good some days were bad. But they had a pretty decent life. It was filled with love and moments they cherished. After a year of marriage, they had a daughter. They were blessed with another daughter the next year. Madonna was satisfied with her life now. Though she wished for some more wealth, the love she received from her husband and her care for her daughters made her heart filled with happiness.

Life was peaceful in town. But slowly something was coming in their way. Something alien and evil which could not be detected at first.

“Richard, do you know what happened to Samantha?” Madonna asked while she was knitting some fabric.

“Who?” Richard’s attention was towards his canvas which was in urgent need of colours and some brush strokes.

“Daughter of Mrs Potts. She is severely ill. She is extremely weak and is hot almost every time.”

“She may get well soon.” Still on canvas.

“She has been like that for two weeks.”

This caught his attention. “I have been hearing the similar state of few men in town.”

“What is it?” Madonna was curious to know.

“I am not sure. Some people call it a curse.”

“A curse!” She laughed. “People are very naive.”

“Why? You don’t believe in supernatural power?”

“Curse and magic are only for those who cannot deal with their destiny on their own. You have to use your intelligence to get through this world. That is what I always tell you. You need to be shrewd Richard. Mayhap then we can enjoy some luxury.”

Richard smiled. He was aware of Madonna’s fantasies. But he considered them only as a little girl’s dream. He walked away from his canvas, towards Madonna and kissed her. “My lady we have our luxury.”

“Where?” She was a bit surprised. But she knew what was coming next.

“Anastasia and Drizella.”

“I know.” Madonna smiled softly. “But Richard, you are forgetting one luxury.”

“What is it?”

“Madonna.”

 

 

Richard left the town for some days. He had to deliver a painting. But when he returned, he was weak. At first, he took it lightly. It must be fatigue. But the situation was getting worse with passing time. He started noticing some kind of boils on his skin. It was small initially. Still, he kept on working and ignored himself. He was expecting good health soon since he had to work for his family.

Ultimately his will gave up. ‘The Curse’ won. Richard took his last breath in front of his wife and his daughters. Madonna was shattered. She lost her love. She was left alone with her two daughters without any support. The only thing she had in terms of any wealth was her house. After Richard, she was facing a hard time feeding her daughter. One day a man knocked at the door. His visit took away the last support she had.

“Your husband was in debt.”

This message was delivered to her and in a moment she lost her house.

She moved back to her parents. To her surprise, she was welcomed. But to her disappointment, Anastasia and Drizella were not. Robert never even looked at the girls and for Jane, we know don’t we. Madonna didn’t care about anything as long as she and her daughters were living fine.

Everything went smoothly until she started noticing her father. He was getting close to Anastasia and Drizella. And the girls were comfortable with him too. Madonna was suspicious yet relieved. One day  Robert was taking the girls somewhere and Madonna just happened to follow them. It was instincts that made her do that and she must thank herself for that. Her father and girls were standing in front of a man. Robert received some money and was talking to the stranger. Madonna rushed at him and pulled away from the girls.

“How could you do it?” She screamed in anger.

Robert was shocked to see her. “What are you doing here?”

Madonna was looking at him with such anger that even the bravest man would think twice before going near her. The stranger looking at the situation left.

“Don’t interfere,” Robert said.

Madonna took her daughters and walked away. She stormed into the house and started packing her bags. Jane was confused. Soon Robert entered. Madonna was about to leave and Jane was trying to know from her, the reason for this act.

“I tried to sell the girls,” Robert confessed.

Jane had no expression near to what Madonna expected.

“You knew?” She asked.

“My dear, try to understand. Your father had to feed five stomachs. It is hard for you father.”

Madonna couldn’t believe her. “You were ready to sell my daughters? Mother, how can you be like this?”

“If you let them go, you can start a new life. We will find you a partner and you will live happily.”

“If you were me, would you have done this, Mother?” She looked at her mother.

She didn’t answer.

Madonna smiled, “I guess you would have.”

She stormed outside.

 

Madonna moved to a city where she was unknown. As a single parent of two daughters, she had to struggle a lot. For starters, she had a very difficult time finding shelter. No one was interested in providing a single woman with two girls a small place to live. Somehow after many efforts, she found a basement of a house. An old woman was left alone and she allowed her to live in the basement. In return, she asked her help in the household. The old woman was kind enough to provide three of them with some food. But that was not enough. Madonna started knitting and selling with the help of her landlord, first in the neighbourhood and slowly to the local market. She faced rejection. But after a while, she started making a little fortune.

In regards to social involvement, no woman was very interested to know Madonna. And on the other hand, some strange were very curious to talk to her. She didn’t care about the woman but later sometimes disturbed her, but she kept herself in such a strong attire and people rarely tried to mess with her. She even managed to provide her daughters with basic needs successfully.

Madonna slowly made her way from the basement to the rooms of the old lady. Befriending her, earned Madonna a house. Now the girls and she were living comfortably. Through the several hours spent with the old woman, she discovered that the poor old soul was lonely. Her husband died and her only son died in an accident. She confessed that she is very happy to see Madonna and her daughters.

Sometimes Madonna too poured her heart out in front of her. Though she was not very concerned but were days when she removed her shell which no emotion can penetrate and shared her story.

Every time the old said “There will be good days. God will bless you. Miracle will happen.”

And to that Madonna replied, “Miracle is for those who can’t arrange their life on their own.”

In the coming four years, the old lady was pushed to one room and the house was taken over by the three intruders. Life became pretty normal for them. Anastasia and Drizella grew up enough to cause chaos, especially for the old woman. Madonna was now the most graceful woman anyone can find in that surrounding. She was beaming with confidence and her charm was noticeable. You can’t say you feel good around her rather you will suffer with under confidence. Her words were now sharp but not as sharp as her looks. People made distance with her now too but the reason was different.

The old lady saw Madonna growing though rarely she saw her. The old woman was lonely again. She spent her time in bed waiting for her turn. Her health was no longer supporting her. She knew she is living her last days now. One day she requested Madonna to come to her room.

“After such a long time you are here, Madonna.” She smiled at her.

“I had to see how you are doing.”

“Dear, you don’t have to pretend. I know you don’t care about me but I know you care for the house.”

“That is why I have to see how you are doing.”

“I see why you turned into a heartless stone. This world was not easy on you.”

“And that is why I don’t want to attach myself to anyone. I am thankful for your kindness but I won't be sad if you pass away.”

The old lady smiled, “You are too honest. Madonna I have seen you evolving and all I want for you is happiness. You had your share of problems. Now you will see a good time. Lord Tremaine will come soon. I have sent him a letter regarding my health. He was close to my husband. If I had a daughter, I would have chosen him as her husband. But as you are aware I had a son. Madonna, I want you to marry him. He is wealthy and a good man. Her wife passed away and she has a beautiful daughter named Cinderella. That lonely girl will have a mother again and also two sisters. And you will have a family.”

Madonna was surprised to hear all this. “Are you telling the truth?”

“Yes.”

“Why would you do this for me?”

“I pity you. Not because of what you suffered but because of what you have become. I want you to have a family and happiness so you can learn to love again. My dear once you begin your new life, learn to be kind and love Cinderella as your daughter.”

“Thank you.”

Unfortunately, Lord Tremaine was late. The old lady was no more. But Madonna was there. She had instructed her daughters to behave or at least try to do so. Madonna spent hours and hours with Lord Tremaine, talking about her own life and her daughters. Sometimes about the kind old lady. Lord Tremaine told her about her daughter, Cinderella. How beautiful she is and how much he loved her.

 

 

Cinderella was eagerly waiting for her father. She saw the cart. She ran towards her father. They hugged each other. She couldn’t notice at first so her father moved her attention to a woman, Lady Tremaine, her step-mother.

 

 

Lady Tremaine walked out of the room, closing the door behind her, locking Cinderella inside so that Prince can never know the owner of that Glass Sandal.

But Prince Charming found her Princess and took her away from her cruel stepmother and evil sisters.

That night Lady Tremaine was in her room. She couldn’t believe she lost.

“All I wanted was a happy life for my daughters. I became Lady Tremaine for my daughters. If she could just agree with my terms, I would have let her go. After all, I went through, why is she the one to have a GodMother? Why didn't a Godmother come when I was suffering?”

Suddenly a bright light came with a voice, “Madonna...”

Lady Tremaine looked at it. She saw that old woman.

“...I was your Godmother. I was your Miracle. I told you to be kind and you will receive happiness yet you chose to write your destiny with cruelty. This is the end.”

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Revenge, Your Love - Heartbreak ( Chapter 9)

  I hope you are enjoying this story.  __________________________________________________________________________________   It had been a wonderful and special night for Can . He slowly sat up on bed and saw Tin buttoning up his shirt .  "Good Morning , Tin " Can wished him. Tin gave him a cold look. He threw Can's clothes on his face . " Quickly dress up and leave ." there was no warmth , no love in his voice .  " uhhmm .... what happened Tin . ?" Can was confused . Why was he behaving like this , it seemed that he was watching the older version Tin , the one with whom he collided on the fields .  " Get Out ! i can't bear you on my bed anymore." Tin was very rude towards Can which was very unusual for a couple after their first night .  Can was confused . Maybe he did something last night , maybe he was not that good in bed . Can was trying to figure out the reason behind his peculiar behaviour .  "Tin .... was...i ......was i ....

My Revenge, Your Love - We Did (Chapter 7)

  Previously on My Revenge, Your Love. Can, a cheerful Albino Monkey (not literally), an entertainer of the uni, a student in Thai program and a footballer collided with the cold prince of the uni, a boy straight from the land of money and good looks, Tin Medthannan. Their introduction started with Can punching Tin in rage and further moved to them making out in the locker room. To know what happened in that period, take a look at their journey. Now let's move ahead to see what happens next? I smiled shyly. I want to act tough but can't help it. I just let myself loose for now. I looked down and robbed. He kissed my cheek softly and smiled. In no time we were in his car. I didn't even get the chance to pack up my stuffs. Tin just caught my hand and led me to his car and I just followed him. I was not able to think anymore. For me, Tin was the only thing I can see at that moment. The rest of the surrounding seemed a blur to me. I was vulnerable in every way and I didn'

My Revenge, Your Love - Night of disaster (Chapter 8)

 He was looking at me while doing it. My hands were pinned down. My sight was blurry. I was feeling pain and pleasure simultaneously. Our breath was so heavy. My toes were curling with every push. I wrapped my legs around his waist. He kept on going inside and coming out. He increased his pace. I couldn't take it anymore. Yet I didn't want to stop. With the last thrust, he rested his old body on mine. He then moved to my side. I turned towards him. He caressed my cheek and gave a soft peck. I just wanted to freeze the moment. I dug my face in his bare chest and went into a deep sleep.  I woke up stretching my whole body like I usually do. Suddenly I felt a sharp pain in my back. Damn! That hurt. Was he too rough? Or maybe because it was my first time. I looked at the clock on the wall. It was 1 am. I felt a terror inside me. Mom would kill me. But wait isn't Tin here. He could have taken care of it. Still, what if he forgot? Anyway, I just wanted to enjoy the company. I sat